Berlin Photo Diary

So my sis and I had a spur-of-the-moment thing and decided to go to Berlin last minute the other day! Here’s a little photo diary. πŸ™‚

The Museuminsel has beautiful museum buildings. We ran out of time to actually visit one though.

Lovelocks!

Impressive art at the Eastside Gallery. This is a memorial for freedom, featuring over a hundred paintings by artists from all over the world, painted in 1990. Lots of it is damaged by graffit though, nowadays. (Thanks for the tip, Celeste!)

Invalidepark

The Holocaust Memorial or Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. Shamelessly borrowing from Wikipedia here: “the stelae are designed to produce an uneasy, confusing atmosphere, and the whole sculpture aims to represent a supposedly ordered system that has lost touch with human reason.” I could certainly feel that, I think you can kind of get the feeling from the second picture I took!

I was very excited to see Dunkin Donuts is a thing in Germany!

Bought some macarons at the KaDaWe, which is a luxury warehouse much like the Dutch Bijenkorf or English Harrods.

All in all, I don’t think Berlin will ever by my favourite city but I think it was definitely worth visiting, if not for all the history it breathes!

If you are interested in seeing a couple more pictures check out my Instagram and Flickr!

12 Comments

• Reply Erin August 18, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Ahhh, I love Berlin, where did you end up eating (aside from the doughnuts?). The East Side Gallery is one of my favorite ‘cultural’ places,

• Reply ohdaintyduck August 18, 2014 at 3:05 pm

haha, we were on a bit of a budget, get tired feet easily, and ate too much donuts and snacks on the go so we didn’t actually end up dining anywhere πŸ™ but yes the east side gallery was really good although the tourists there drove me NUTS. I know I was a tourist myself but arghh, I could barely take pics of the actual wall cause they were all taking photos in front of it :’) the Holocast Memorial was pretty impressive too though, did you go there?

• Reply CiCi August 19, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Ah, Berlin, I so want to go! Love the pictures of the love locks, so cute. This city is definitely on my list… CC x

• Reply ohdaintyduck August 19, 2014 at 6:35 pm

yeah I’m glad I’ve seen it πŸ™‚ thanks for your comment, lovely!

• Reply Jessica August 19, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Great photos! I’ve never been, but it looks like such an interesting and full of history. and I LOVE Dunkin’ Donuts!!!

• Reply ohdaintyduck August 19, 2014 at 6:35 pm

we don’t have one in the Netherlands, I thought it was American strictly, so I was very surprised to see it there! Thanks for your comment lovely πŸ™‚

• Reply Harlow August 20, 2014 at 5:48 am

Your photography is stunning! How wonderful it must be to be able to just visit Berlin like that for a weekend, amazing!

• Reply ohdaintyduck August 20, 2014 at 10:40 am

aw thank you! yes it’s pretty close by πŸ˜€

• Reply Fleur // My Love For Foods August 20, 2014 at 5:40 pm

I love the pictures πŸ™‚ Stalkin’ u from now on!

• Reply ohdaintyduck August 21, 2014 at 9:24 am

thanks πŸ˜€ & yay!

• Reply The Mad Twins August 23, 2014 at 2:52 pm

oooh Berlin looks amazing! πŸ˜€ a trip with a sister is always fun! I love these picture <3 I especially love the black and white one, so artistic! πŸ˜€

• Reply ohdaintyduck August 24, 2014 at 11:47 am

aww thank you! yes sistertrips are awesome πŸ˜€