I made several cupcakes this week, which I will share with you one a time – starting with these pink vanilla strawberry cupcakes.
This is a light frosting, somewhere in between buttercream and whipped cream. To see how I made mine, scroll on!
5 Tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 packet of vanilla sugar
250 gr butter (depending on how much you need, of course)
sugar (either granulated or confectioner’s, your preference)
the candy melts
2 spoons of strawberry syrup
1. Put a cup of milk into a small pan, together with the 5 tablespoons of flour. Whisk together until combined.
2. Heat the pan on medium heat. Keep whisking until it thickens. Be careful not to overheat because it will burn. The consistency should be thicker than cake batter.
3. Let it cool to room temperature.
4. Beat the butter until creamy.
5. Add the sugar, vanilla, and vanilla sugar. Whisk together.
6. Melt the candy melts and mix into the frosting, amount of melts depending on your preference (for both taste and color). You can always add some food coloring to get a richer colour.
Frost cupcakes, either with a piping bag or use a knife to spread it on. Decorate if you wish.